Temporary Resident Visa

All Articles

Velletta Pedersen Christie


Depending on your citizenship, you may require a temporary resident visa (TRV) to travel to Canada. You can apply for a single entry or multiple entry visa. There are various requirements which you must meet in order to qualify. An immigration officer must be satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay. You may require a medical examination and a letter of invitation from someone living in Canada.

Importantly, Study and Work permits do not authorize re-entry. If you require a TRV in order to travel to Canada, you will require a TRV if you wish to re-enter Canada during your period of work or study, despite having a valid work or study permit.

If you require a visa to visit Canada, we would be pleased to assist you. Please feel free to contact us to arrange a consultation.