Restoration of Status


If your visa expires before you apply to extend it, you may apply for restoration of status. In order to qualify, you must submit your application within 90 days of losing your status. The ability to apply for restoration is only available if you continue to meet all requirements of your initial entry and conditions on your permit. Once you have applied, you may remain in Canada until a decision is rendered on your application.

If your visa has expired and you wish to restore your status, please contact us for a consultation

About the Author

Avatar photo

Written by Velletta Pedersen Christie

The law firm of Velletta Pedersen Christie is based in lovely Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. We employ some of the best lawyers in BC, and provide powerful, professional counsel to to clients in Victoria, across Canada and around the globe. We have the expertise to handle a variety of legal projects and cases, so contact us and we'll get you speaking with the appropriate member of our team.