W. Eric Pedersen is a lawyer practising in Velletta Pedersen Christie's civil litigation department. Mr. Pedersen has worked with the civil litigation department to achieve successful outcomes for individuals and businesses, appearing in Provincial Court, Supreme Court, and the British Columbia Court of Appeal. His practice is focussed primarily on the following areas:
- Employment and Human Rights Law, including disability discrimination and sexual harassment claims;
- Personal injury and motor vehicle claims;
- Commercial litigation;
- Real estate litigation;
- General insurance litigation;
- Disability insurance litigation; and
- General civil litigation.
- Mr. Pedersen has a particular interest in prosecuting and defending claims pursuant to the Environmental Management Act, relating to contaminated sites remediation.
Mr. Pedersen studied law at the University of Victoria, where he was awarded the Gowlings Prize in Intellectual Property and Technology Law.
Mr. Pedersen’s previous experience includes:
- managing a large scale litigation project with the Civil Litigation Group at the Ministry of Attorney General;
- contributing to the Office of the Ombudsperson’s report into Senior’s Care;
- successfully arguing appeals of government decisions, representing clients at tribunal hearings, and
- assisting clients with disability claims, as an advocate at a shelter in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside, and as a volunteer disability advocate in Victoria;
- working as a tree-planter for ten years in interior British Columbia.
Mr. Pedersen sat on the board of the Victoria Cool-Aid Society from 2014 to 2020, including as board chair. He also regularly volunteers on a variety of pro-bono projects.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers of British Columbia