Jade is a lawyer practicing with Velletta & Company’s litigation department. She is currently focusing her practice on family law and estate litigation.
Jade grew up in Shawnigan Lake and is very proud to call Victoria her home. Before pursuing her education in law, she completed her undergraduate degree at the University of British Columbia obtaining a Bachelor of Science. After living in places such as Saudi Arabia and France, Jade gained a unique set of experiences which contributed to her decision to travel abroad in pursuit of her legal education.
Moving to the always hot and sunny Townsville, Queensland, Jade attended James Cook University and obtained her LL.B. with First Class Honors. While in law school, Jade proudly won the Maurice Blackburn Social Justice Award for her work with the student body while sitting on the boards of the James Cook University Student Council and the University’s Law Society.
Jade has experience with mediation, arbitration, appearing in the Provincial Court, and appearing in the Supreme Court of British Columbia. Her specific experience includes:
- Curing a deficiency in a will
- Wills variation claims
- Undue influence and incapacity claims of the testator
- Applications to have a document declared a will
- Applying for committee of a person
- Passing executors accounts
- Beneficial interest claims in property
- Uncontested and contested divorces
- Child custody
- Parental alienation
- Arrears reduction/recalculation
- Division of property
- Cohabitation, marriage and separation agreements
- Out of province and international issues
- Division of personal and corporate assets
- Grandparents rights
- Guardianship applications
- Denial of Access or parenting time to your child
- The preparation of Sworn Financial Statements; and
- Disclosure and refusal to provide proper disclosure
In her spare time Jade can usually be found running, playing with her dog and spending time with her family and friends.
• Executive of the Canadian Bar Association
• Member of the Victoria Bar Association