W. ERIC PEDERSEN - Lawyer
W. Eric Pedersen is a lawyer practising in Velletta & Company’s civil litigation department. Mr. Pedersen has worked with the civil litigation department to achieve successful outcomes for individuals and businesses, appearing in Provincial Court, Supreme Court, and the British Columbia Court of Appeal. His practice is focussed primarily on the following areas:
- Personal injury and motor vehicle claims;
- Employment and Human Rights Law;
- Commercial litigation;
- Real estate litigation;
- General insurance litigation;
- Disability insurance litigation; and
- General civil litigation.
Mr. Pedersen studied law at the University of Victoria, where he was awarded the Gowlings Prize in Intellectual Property and Technology Law.
Mr. Pedersen’s previous experience includes:
- managing a large scale litigation project with the Civil Litigation Group at the Ministry of Attorney General;
- contributing to the Office of the Ombudsperson’s report into Senior’s Care;
- successfully arguing appeals of government decisions, representing clients at tribunal hearings, and
- assisting clients with disability claims, as an advocate at a shelter in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside, and as a volunteer disability advocate in Victoria;
- working as a tree-planter for ten years in interior British Columbia.
Mr. Pedersen presently sits on the board of the Victoria Cool-Aid Society, a key player in the work to end homelessness in the Capital Region. He also regularly volunteers at the Access Pro-Bono Student Clinic in Victoria.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers of British Columbia