Real Estate Development Law
Commercial real estate development projects are often complex and time consuming. The financial payoff, however, for a properly structured, developed and marketed project can be very great. At Velletta Pedersen Christie, our commercial real estate lawyers in Victoria, BC represent developers, builders and investors with their Vancouver Island development projects including assistance with property acquisition, zoning and other government approval, construction, marketing and sales/transfers.
We also work closely with other professionals such as architects and engineers and with municipal, regional and provincial authorities to coordinate the process and guide you through all of the regulatory complexities. Our commercial real estate development services include the following:
- Property acquisition or transfer;
- Title review pursuant to the purchase or acquisition of new property for liens, unpaid taxes, judgements, or other liabilities on the property;
- Subdivision and rezoning applications;
- Preparing, reviewing, or advising on easements, rights of way, and restrictive covenants for subdivisions;
- Disclosure statements;
- Contract review of purchase or sale agreements for commercial buildings or land;
- Review for compliance with environmental regulations;
- Negotiation and preparation of joint venture agreements for acreage owners or independent contracts who desire to develop land as an investment.
Having represented clients within the commercial real estate market in Victoria, BC for over 30 years, our commercial real estate lawyers and team of commercial real estate conveyancers can provide you with experienced insight into developing commercial projects. Contact us today to see how we can help.