Immigration for International Students

Study permit applications

For those wanting to stay in Canada long-term, a carefully considered study permit application for certain programs of study can be a stepping-stone to permanent residence to Canada. We can help you find the programs of study that will lead to a post-graduation work permit, or that will facilitate your entry into an occupation that will be favourable when applying for permanent residence in the future.

Post-graduation work permits and route to permanent residence

Certain programs of study in eligible Canadian schools will allow you to obtain a post-graduation work permit (PGWP). The PGWP is an open work permit that can only be issued once in a lifetime, and can be up to 3 years in duration. A PGWP will allow you time to gain Canadian work experience in a skilled occupation, which is crucial if you want to apply for permanent residence in the future.

I look forward to helping you
Sarah Reid

My practice is focused on immigration and citizenship law. I have experience in a wide range of immigration matters, with numerous successful outcomes for my clients. I look forward to helping you with your Canadian immigration and citizenship questions.

Request a consultation