Our lawyers possess the necessary skills and experience to assist employers in a variety of industries. Whether you are a small corporation, national or international corporate enterprise, we have the resources, knowledge and creativity to achieve workable solutions for your tactical, personal and business goals. We strive to assist our clients to achieve long-standing relationships with their employees, while at the same time preserving the interests of the company as a whole.


  • Drafting employment, confidentiality and non-competition agreements;
  • Consultation and advice on various issues falling under the provincial Employment Standards Act and regulations;
  • Negotiating and developing severance packages;
  • Advice and representation on wrongful and constructive dismissal claims;
  • Preparation of submissions and representation for both human rights and labour relations complaints (both provincial and federal);
  • Business immigration applications (see our Immigration section for further details);
  • Workplace Investigations
  • Preparing policy documents and assisting with enforcement.


  • Collective agreement interpretation;
  • Consultation and advice on on various issues falling under the provincial and federal Labour Codes;
  • Interpretation and enforcement of collective agreement provisions; drafting company policy documents;
  • Human rights claims(both provincial and federal);
  • Worker’s compensation;
  • Representation at provincial and federal labour relations board and human rights tribunals.


  • Advice on employer obligations for Worker’s Compensation claims;
  • Pension and benefits review.


Immigration Links

NOTE: A listing here does not constitute an endorsement by this law firm. We provide these links only as a convenience. Citizenship and Immigration Canada…
Velletta & Company, litigation lawyers

What Can You Expect in a Lawsuit?

The timing of a lawsuit is difficult to predict. It depends on many things, including actions the Defendant takes, court schedules, and decisions the Plaintiff…
Legal advice from Velletta & Company

Traveling Abroad With Your Children

People frequently ask whether there are different rules for divorced or separated parents when it comes to taking their children out of the country. Generally…

Have You Lost Your Permanent Resident Status?

People who immigrate to Canada and become Permanent Residents are required to meet residency requirements and must comply with conditions imposed under the regulations or…
Immigration lawyers Victoria BC, Velletta & Company

Immigration Glossary

Disclaimer Work Permit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp A work permit is a government issued document that allows foreign nationals to work in Canada. There are some jobs in…
Employment law Victoria BC

Wrongful Dismissal

This outline is selective and topical, for discussion purposes only. It is not legal advice. Do not apply any of the information set out in…

Temporary Work and Study Visas

Business Persons and Tourists Crew of Foreign Vessels Investors and Traders Students Professionals International Media Exchange Visitors Fiancé of a U.S. Citizen Intra-Corporate Transfers Entertainers…


Disclaimer The new Family Law Act does not use the words custody or access. It uses “guardianship”, “parenting arrangements”, and “contact” instead. A guardian is…
All articles loaded
No more articles to load