Employment and Labour Law for Employers
Our lawyers possess the necessary skills and experience to assist employers in a variety of industries. Whether you are a small corporation, national or international corporate enterprise, we have the resources, knowledge and creativity to achieve workable solutions for your tactical, personal and business goals. We strive to assist our clients to achieve long-standing relationships with their employees, while at the same time preserving the interests of the company as a whole.
OUR EMPLOYMENT LAW SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Drafting employment, confidentiality and non-competition agreements;
- Consultation and advice on various issues falling under the provincial Employment Standards Act and regulations;
- Negotiating and developing severance packages;
- Advice and representation on wrongful and constructive dismissal claims;
- Preparation of submissions and representation for both human rights and labour relations complaints (both provincial and federal);
- Business immigration applications (see our Immigration section for further details);
- Workplace Investigations
- Preparing policy documents and assisting with enforcement.
OUR LABOUR LAW SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Collective agreement interpretation;
- Consultation and advice on on various issues falling under the provincial and federal Labour Codes;
- Interpretation and enforcement of collective agreement provisions; drafting company policy documents;
- Human rights claims(both provincial and federal);
- Worker’s compensation;
- Representation at provincial and federal labour relations board and human rights tribunals.
OTHER SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Advice on employer obligations for Worker’s Compensation claims;
- Pension and benefits review.