For Employees


Our lawyers possess the necessary skills and experience to assist employees in a variety of employment and labour disputes. We take a client-centred approach when advising on all matters, whether it be a workplace harassment issue, possible constructive dismissal claim, or review of a severance package. Our goal is to work with you to achieve the best possible resolution to meet both your personal and professional goals, both during and after employment.


  • Review and advice on employment, confidentiality and non-competition agreements, releases;
  • Consultation and advice on various issues falling under the provincial Employment Standards Act and regulations;
  • Negotiating severance packages;
  • Discussion of benefits and tax issues arising at termination;
  • Employment Insurance benefits and appeals;
  • Advice and representation on wrongful and constructive dismissal claims;
  • Preparation of submissions and representation for both human rights and labour relations complaints (both provincial and federal);
  • Working in Canada applications (see our Immigration section for more details);
  • Review of company policies (e.g. discipline provisions, probation, termination, workplace bullying or harassment).


  • Collective agreement interpretation;
  • Consultation and advice on various issues falling under the provincial and federal Labour Codes;
  • Human rights claims (both provincial and federal)Representation at provincial and federal labour relations board and human rights tribunals.


  • Advice on Workers’ Compensation claims;
  • Pension and benefits reviews.


Immigration Links

NOTE: A listing here does not constitute an endorsement by this law firm. We provide these links only as a convenience. Citizenship and Immigration Canada…
Velletta & Company, litigation lawyers

What Can You Expect in a Lawsuit?

The timing of a lawsuit is difficult to predict. It depends on many things, including actions the Defendant takes, court schedules, and decisions the Plaintiff…
Legal advice from Velletta & Company

Traveling Abroad With Your Children

People frequently ask whether there are different rules for divorced or separated parents when it comes to taking their children out of the country. Generally…

Have You Lost Your Permanent Resident Status?

People who immigrate to Canada and become Permanent Residents are required to meet residency requirements and must comply with conditions imposed under the regulations or…
Immigration lawyers Victoria BC, Velletta & Company

Immigration Glossary

Disclaimer Work Permit: A work permit is a government issued document that allows foreign nationals to work in Canada. There are some jobs in…
Employment law Victoria BC

Wrongful Dismissal

This outline is selective and topical, for discussion purposes only. It is not legal advice. Do not apply any of the information set out in…

Temporary Work and Study Visas

Business Persons and Tourists Crew of Foreign Vessels Investors and Traders Students Professionals International Media Exchange Visitors Fiancé of a U.S. Citizen Intra-Corporate Transfers Entertainers…


Disclaimer The new Family Law Act does not use the words custody or access. It uses “guardianship”, “parenting arrangements”, and “contact” instead. A guardian is…
All articles loaded
No more articles to load