Business & Entrepreneur Law
Effective legal advice to the entrepreneur will secure your investment, minimize difficulties and disputes with business associates, save taxes and expense, and reduce your anxiety and uncertainty. We work with sole proprietors, partnerships, corporations and joint ventures from initial organization to establishing international relations.
Some of our Business and Corporate Law services include:
- Purchasing and selling shares or assets in a corporation;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Forming corporations, not-for-profit organizations, joint ventures, and partnerships;
- Preparing Shareholders' Agreements, Company Articles and Partnership Agreements;
- Business organizational structuring including the formation of a holding company;
- Consumer goods, food, drug, and cosmetic packaging and labelling;
- Registering B.C. Corporations extra-provincially and continuations of extra-provincial companies in B.C.;
- Founders Agreements, Advisory Agreements, and vesting strategies for startups;
- Loan Agreements, promissory notes, and other capital raising activities;
- Intellectual Property Licensing Agreements and Intellectual Property Assignment Agreements.
Our lawyers that specialize in startups can set up a bespoke business structure, draft strong contracts, and secure the appropriate legal protections to help you get organized, raise money, and gain credibility as you venture through the idea, growth, and expansion stages.
Collectively, our team of business lawyers are experienced in diverse industries including natural resources, health care, technology, cannabis, real estate development, arts and entertainment, and intellectual property. Regardless of your business law issue, we have the experience and resources to help.